Bulletins, Forms & Manuals
- > Air Command and Skywheels Product Registration
- > Preflight Checklist
- > 12-Month Condition Inspection Guide
- > Weight and Balance
- > Assembly Manual: Basic Commander 447, 503, 532 (dated 1990)
- > Assembly Manual: Basic Commander (dated 1997)
- > Assembly Manual: Commander Elite Single-Place (dated 2001)
Flight Training For Compensation or Hire
A flight instructor, registered owner, lessor, or lessee of an aircraft shall not be required to obtain a letter of deviation authority from the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration to allow, conduct or receive flight training, checking, and testing in an experimental aircraft if–
(1) the flight instructor is not providing both the training and the aircraft;
(2) no person advertises or broadly offers the aircraft as available for flight training, checking, or testing; and
(3) no person receives compensation for use of the aircraft for a specific flight during which flight training, checking, or testing was received, other than expenses for owning, operating, and maintaining the aircraft.
Anyone being hired for compensation or offering training in an experimental aircraft and charging money for the aircraft rental will continue to require a letter of deviation authority (LODA) from the FAA.